Monday, January 12, 2009

SketchCrawl

Last Saturday the 10th was my 2nd sketchcrawl!
I must say that I was a lot more successful this time. I didn't post pictures of my last sketchcrawl because it was my first.
And I didn't like them as much :P
But I'm making progress and I hope that the next sketchcrawl will be even better :)









I've also been experimenting more with my Chinese painting.
I know I'm breaking all kinds of rules when it comes to Chinese painting.
I use the water straight out of the tube :P
But it is mixed with ink and such... so I'm not cheating too much!

This flower that I've been painting is an Iris plant. I added a bit of blue to make the color a bit cooler and it turned out very nice.

I'm taking an oil painting class this semester with a teacher named Julie Kirk.
Back at UCI, I had some pretty horrible painting classes where technique and skill were kind of thrown out the window, and creativity was encouraged.
I ended up hating paint. But Julie Kirk stresses technique and skill, so I'm very happy to take up painting again.
This semester will be very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Those are such fun sketches!! Glad you made it out. I sat this one out due to a cold :(

    ReplyDelete