Monday, July 27, 2009

More Artwork

As always, I'm posting up some more artwork that I did within the past few weeks to add to the collection within my blog :)

I've been trying something different with my gestures by using the side of a piece of charcoal or conte to create shadow. But at the same time, I still have to capture the pose.
I'm really feeling it and I would like to improve.



The ones below were drawn with my left-hand. I like drawing with my left hand and I really should try it more. I think everyone should try it :)

Back to right-handed drawings


I finally finished my painting of the man with the missing head. To complete the wind chime, I used silver string. I think the silver string really adds some interest. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It stills has some inconsistencies among the paint, but that's ok. The picture shows that the last section of the string is missing, but I added it in already.



This is my oil pastel still life of my doll collection! Do you recognize some of the critters? I'm almost finished. The kiwi doll towards the middle left is driving me crazy. -_____-



I still have yet to hear back from Libby at Calarts. Turns out, she mis scheduled a few things and we have to plan another day for this week. Hopefully everything will turn out ok.

3 comments:

  1. Nice stuff. Love the wind chime man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your doll collection looks so cute! And I love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! I love drawing with my left hand too especially when I'm stuck because it makes drawing with my right hand seem to flow so much easier lol

    ReplyDelete