Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I know Halloween isn't today but Autumn is my favorite season so I'll just say it early.
This post has nothing to do with Halloween but I've been wanting to post my recent work from Otis.
I'm taking a Basic 3D class that teaches the class how to use Maya.
And we've been working on a new project every week.
So I thought I would post 2 of my recent projects. They're not the most elaborate and fantastic models :P
But I'm really glad that I'm making progress in Maya and I think my projects show that.
Here are some screen shots:




I had another project that I really liked but I forgot to save it onto my own flash drive after I turned it in :P
I'm pretty sad, because I don't know if I'll have the time to go back and finish it.
But it was a model of a contemporary/ modern room that had some Asian influence.
Sad :(


Another project that I'm working on is incorporating myself into a character from a story. The book that I chose is called Sabriel and the character that I used is Kerrigor. Kerrigor is portrayed as the Greater Dead. Which means he is a very powerful dead creature and he wants to take over the Living world.
I didn't work on it very long until I noticed that my creature doesn't look like me at all.
And also, it was scaring my boyfriend. He said that it kept staring at him.
So I decided to tone it down and start over with charcoal.
I really wanted to work with oil paint because I'm not very experienced with oil.
Maybe next time.

the photo is a bit washed out because of the natural light.
it's supposed to be darker and richer. I'll try taking another photo.



The charcoal drawing is much better. Except, I don't think it quite looks like me.
It's... prettier?


I hid the painting behind our dvd/game collection.



I thought I would include another show and tell because it's fun.
For those of you who are green onion fans, you can grow your own green onion easily!
(courtesy of Jeanette, who showed me how)

When you are at the end of your green onion stalk, leave about 2.5 inches.
and just stick it in water.
Your green onion will start growing immediately.
You will also see the roots start growing the day after you stick it in water.
In the picture, the really skinny green onion growing on the left one is new.

It's super easy :)


This week wasn't as stressful. I'm glad I had some time to relax.
But next week is crunch time. I have some pretty big projects due.

I can't wait till Thanksgiving...

2 comments:

  1. So many great stories and updates! The charcoal drawing is coming along and definitely has potential. Just go crazy with it and finish :) I'd love to see what this develops into. You've really picked up Maya quickly - good job. I'm planning to try your green onion tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete